How to be you...

This is my first post in May. I realised I haven't written anything after the non-stop 30 day challenge to write a poem in April. I went to European Film Festival, ASEAN Literary Festival and Big Bad Wolf Bookfair. It has been enriching weeks.

Funny thing is, I used to be able to write simple things that excite me. I was supposed to write about Timbuktu or the time when I met Okky Madasari in person or the time when I watched Sapardi Djoko Darmono on stage and cried because I was moved by the fact that he resembled my late grandfather.

I had so many things unwritten lately. It is not that I am stop being hungry about things that I love. I do not know what it is. Maybe I should be having something new I can enjoy on my own.

Last night, I found my old diary from 2014. I would call 2014 as the year. But as I open the pages, I realised I was trying so hard to make myself happy and organised. I thought I was a better person 2 years ago, but I didn't really think so.

Just a few minutes ago, I finished watching "How To Be Single" and I think the movie is brilliant. Moral note is that loving yourself can take you to places you couldn't expect. I could never expect I can lose 15 kilos of body weight, I could never expect having a poetry community on my own... but I feel like I need something more to do. There are always more to life.

This is just a shitload of a post, but nevermind, I am writing this so I can just remember :)

Comments

Popular Posts