I don't bake pretty, I bake tasty : Chocolate and Oat Cookies

Happy August, Earthlings.

... and Happy Birthday to my dear friend Shabrina from Bogor and just to add, Happy Anniversary for ASEAN. Also, Happy Birthday to all of you who might be celebrating today, and Happy Gala Premier for Perahu Kertas for my favorite writer, Dewi Lestari and the casts and crews. So many greetings already!
It's been a week and days over until I start to write for my blog again, because honestly, I do not know what to write. I am always stuck here at home because road's jammed and basically, I have nothing in mind to do with friends during puasa or Ramadhan. So, I spent most of the days playing Sims haha. I miss games and I miss the hedonistic feeling to waste time... haha. But instead of being awfully lazy, I decided to pay my kitchen a proper visit. For most of you who do not know, cooking and baking is also part of my hobbies. I'm going to share you the recipe of what I have just baked. I hope this can be useful for the upcoming raya festives or any other festives you will celebrate. It's pretty easy

Let's cut to the case, shall we?

Chocolate and Oat Cookies

Prep + Baking time : 45-50 mins
Up to 20++ cookies, good enough to fill a normal jar.

Ingredients:
200 grams of High-Protein Flour (Cake and Cookies Flour, for Indonesians, I use Kunci Biru)
200 grams of Margarine or butter (Butter is better. You can mix margarine for a bit saltiness and crunch and butter for tender bite and better aroma. I use Blue Bands Cake and Cookies because they say it tastes like and has the aroma of butter #advertisementvictim)
100 grams of castor sugar
2 egg yolks
one pack of chocolate powder (probably around 35 - 50 grams)
20 grams of oat (I use normal oat for eating)
a sprinkle of vanilla essence (optional)

Steps:
1. Mix margarine/butter together with castor sugar, until the grain dissolves and the mixture smooth and soft. Use low-speed mixer, that's fine. We are not baking for cakes we don't expect the cookie dough to rise.
2. Add in egg yolks. Mix well.
3. Add every remaining ingredient to the mixing bowl. Mix well, until all ingredients are combined and it forms dough consistency. You would know the right consistency when you can shape the mixture without getting sticky in your hands.
4. Preheat oven to 170 degree Celcius or below. Don't let it too hot.
5. Shape the dough with spoon. You can use cookie cutter to make it pretty. If you are using spoon, make sure you prepare two spoons. To shape the dough by spoons, you just scoop, scoop and scoop until it is shaped and round-ish. you get what I'm saying? It's really up to you to shape it. 
6. Arrange the cookie neatly on the tray and thinly, apply a bit of margarine onto the tray to prevent stickiness.
6. Heat the oven to 170 degree Celcius and Bake for 20 mins.
7. Take out the cookies and let it set until cool. Don't put it inside the jar yet, or else you will lose the crunch.
8. Pick the prettiest jar available in your home (to camouflage those awfully-shaped cookies, if you may) and serve up!

Comments

  1. hey, you always cooked something delicious, me want some dong yuu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts