I am not your boyfriend



Girls,
I am not your boyfriend

Because frankly and biologically speaking,
If you strip my skirt than I believe you have been having the same view everytime we shower
I have a wide hip and large breasts just like you do
I am attracted to sturdy-rock abs, bass whisper, that is boysLike Ryan Gosling

When Mother Venus gave birth,
There were You and I
There were two types of sweet baby girls
There is a type of girl, who grows up the type boy likes to date, and otherwise
There is a type of girl, who grows up the type boy loathes to death
You ought to be sure where I am standing

I do not know much of your story, but I was 5 years old
When Papa Mars introduced me to his Martians
There are 10 Martian Juniors in our Math Class
The first Martians I know had very bad-hand writing
They were extremely noisy and never did their homeworks
None of them managed to be in top 10 students
They were only good at sports
The moment I concluded that they were less intelligent than Venusian was when they were caught peeing on our school backyard
I laughed as I watched their wee-wees get ruler-slapped by our teacher (Ouch!)

I remembered there was a framed profile picture of our President hanging in the wall of our class
It made me wonder why a President is always a "Mr" instead of a "Madam"
I took turn to look at the face of the President and the crowd of boys in their recess time
We all must have been dreamingright?

I was 12 years old
When I have met the only Martians who had a good handwriting
He ranked first in the class
Finally, someone who restored my faith in men and their intelligence

12 is the age when I stepped into my womanhood
Ever since I have been living a story
I have been the subject of their ideals of a body, face, skin, hair and behavior
Which I hardly conform

At the age of 16,
A guy wished that I was a man so that he could fight me

At the age of 21,
A guy asked me if I am interested to fight him

But I am tired of fighting
Especially I hate to fight against my sisters

Stop treating me like your boyfriend, because I am not
I am not one of them
Do not ask me to conform anymore on little things
I do not feel exhilarated to comply
I am exhausted

To care about when will we have lunch today
On what kind of food should we eat
Stop asking me about "How much calories this bagel has"

To figure out which movie we are going to see
I have enough when I wait you to finish your hair and make up done
Later, arrive 15 minutes after the show is on

Girls,
I am not your complaint department
I can be your own Dr. Phil or Oprah, if only you let me to
Because I know you will only like to hear about the right thing
You are afraid honesty will hurt and prick

Girls,
Be your own boyfriends
Do not be upset, when one day I am not there for you for lunch
If other girls are not there for you for Sunday Shopping
If your boyfriends are not there for Saturday date

You must understand, how selfish the world we are living in

Take a walk in the park alone
Embrace the air and the sunshine
Read your favorite book against the tree
Swap that beautiful dress on the display
Treat yourself well with an expensive trade-fair  chocolate or a gourmet hummus
And forget about those damn calories!

Girls,
When Mother Venus gave birth,
There were two types of sweet baby girls
There were warriors and princesses
There is a type of girl, who grows up to be lady
There is a type of girl, who stays young and foolish
You ought to be sure where you are standing

Comments

Popular Posts