My Love Letter to Kuala Lumpur

image by weheartit

It is weird to know that I have not said a proper goodbye to Malaysia.  It has been three months since I have resigned from my job, thus it meant that I had to leave Kuala Lumpur for good.  If you ask me honestly, I do not feel that I have moved on from the city.  

Five years.  I still remember how empty the road looks in Cyberjaya.  I enjoy taking bus ride alone from my apartment to Alamanda the shopping center.  I remember when I had to commute daily from Cyberjaya to Kuala Lumpur with public transportation.  I met new friends, new stories and shared bonding with young Indonesians who lived and worked in Kuala Lumpur.  I remember the first time I left Cyberjaya and decided to stay in the heart of Kuala Lumpur city.  I shared apartment with new friends who were older than me. Then once a month, I would spend like RM.30 over the weekend to visit my girls who were staying in Cyberjaya.  We were like sitting by the poolside, eating fries and cheese and drinking awesome lemon tea.  They would send me back to the bus station by 5pm.

I remember them all.  The travel in and out of the country.  Never vividly.



I remembered I felt all alone, then I strolled around the Chow Kit Market for a walk, then went home with groceries.  Checking on GSC if they had any upcoming foreign film festivals.  Hosting my friends from Indonesia, or hosting any trusted friends who need a temporary escape in my messy medium room near PWTC... Oh how I miss the bookfair they held there!  

When I realised, being alone is not good as well.  I started to call my parents more often, visiting friends, watching movies with them and catching up with the stories they have... I like it when I introduced my friend to other friends.  The city reminded me of the importance of connection.  The first time I signed up from the gym and many interesting thing, including body transformation has started there... and some events I wish not to recall. Of course, everyone at the office, those who had given me hard times but my last day, I remembered hugging and shaking hands with them all :) I remember all the kedai I visited during the office time.   Also, travellers and new friends I met.  

On the top of that, exciting community that support my passion, no matter how suck I am with writing poem.  I am counting days until the day my visa last... from 6 months, 5 months, 2 months, one month, one week... travel out and come back with 30-day social pass...

For some, KL seems like another Asian city, a neighboring country with Indonesia.  But for me it is more than that.  For 2 years, I felt myself grow independently.  Best things happened.  New relationship bud.  New discoveries and travel have been made.  It was crazy. Oh boy, it is a beautiful and incredible story I have once had in Kuala Lumpur.  I want to store that part of my brain and put it somewhere safe.  It is so beautiful, I want to go back desperately. 

My friends told me to "Come back to KL..." maybe they do not really mean it, maybe it is just some light talking.  But nobody knows how hard I try to find place that wants to compromise my situation, as a foreigner who is looking for a living.   I have had enough with those people who thought I am stupid, not trying hard enough to stay in the city or patronizing me for throwing this awesome life abroad... you do not know until you have walked in my shoes.  It is not something that I want either, but maybe something that I have to live with and I am sure God has bigger plan for me.

I should not write any longer... because at the moment, I should use this brain to make lifetime decision.  Bright opportunities ahead but I do not want to take the wrong steps.  There are papers to filled and signed before.  A new city, a new (dream) profession... and another opportunity ahead... and I do not want to miss out the destined opportunity in life because I have felt comfortable.

Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong... but the truth is I miss you a bunch KL.  If there is a call... If you need me dear KL, just call me, I will be there in a sec!

This is never good bye Kuala Lumpur.  I am coming back soon.

With love,
The Naked Soul.

Comments

Popular Posts